The Temecula Valley Inline Hockey Association (TVIHA) provides three supervised programs for the youth of our community. The Recreation League is perfect for beginning, intermediate and advanced players. Winning of the game is secondary and that fundamentals, hockey skills and character development are of prime importance in the recreational league of TVIHA. The school league will provide the opportunity for in-line hockey players to represent their middle, high and elementary schools and their community in an organized, competitive league. This is not a beginners league. The Tournament Program is to offer a more competitive hockey experience, where in youth have fun, learn more about the game, test themselves in friendly competition, and grow through teamwork and sportsmanship. The teams are made up of our most skilled players.
Dear TVIHA Families,
On behalf of the board I am pleased to announce that registration for the 2021 spring inline hockey season is now open on Tuesday, March 2nd through Sunday, March 14th.
Practices for high school players will begin the week of March 8-11. Practices for the recreation league will begin the week of March 22-25. Each team will practice one night a week leading up to the season. Games will begin the week of April 5 and will conclude by the first week of June. Recreation league teams will play 10 games and High School teams 9 games (Tuesday nights for high school). Most games will be played at Margarita Park. Some of our younger divisions will have games on Friday night at Ronald Reagan. It is likely that during the season most teams will have practice on a Monday night but practices could be another night as well depending on availability. Spring season is always a scheduling challenge and we just don't know yet how many kids will want to play and how many games will need to be scheduled in 8 weeks.
Costs are $185 for the recreation league and $135 for the high school league. There are discounts for full-time goalies, new players and families with siblings. Kids are able to skate in one division and play goalie in a second too. Recreation players will receive a jersey with their fee. High School players will need to discuss ordering jerseys with their coaches. PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE JERSEYS RUN A LITTLE SMALL SO ORDER ACCORDINGLY. ALSO, DUE TO TIME CONSTRAINTS WE WILL NOT BE OFFERING JERSEYS WITH NAMES OR CHOSEN NUMBERS THIS SEASON. WE WILL RETURN TO THAT FORMAT WHEN WE HAVE THE PROPER AMOUNT OF TIME TO PLAN.
We should have the official green light from the city now but if for some reason we do not have a season we will refund everyone's money minus $5 for every practice session held by the team.
We are in a pandemic and cases in Riverside County are going down however we do need to adhere to strict protocols if we are going to have a successful season. Our safety protocols are listed below.
TVIHA 2021 SPRING SEASON SAFETY PROTOCOL
1. Families will register at tviha.com (registration link is on home page). Registration will include the typical information like age division, skater or goalie, the need to have AAU insurance, electronically sign a participation waiver and your understanding of concussion protocol. If you have any requirements or requests we ask you to list them in the registration area. We ask that parents and players wear masks to and/from the rink. Players will not need to wear them while they play. It will be required that a coach wears one. If parents stay to watch we ask that you continue wearing your masks. Please use our AAU Club Code of WYD89T when purchasing insurance.
2. Parents are encouraged to have their children dress for practice either at home or at their car in the parking lot. All protective gear will be required to participate. Players will be reminded to keep their gloves and helmet on even during water breaks. PLEASE ALLOW ADDITIONAL TIME FOR THE CHECK-IN PROCESS. We want all of the skaters to enter the rink at their scheduled time so arrive early.
3. Parents will check in their child with a coach or volunteer parent. That volunteer will take the temperature of the participant with a No-Touch thermometer. The temperature will be written down and assuming that player is 99.9 degrees or below they will be free to participate. We will be using a No-Touch Thermometer which can result in a higher than normal reading due to skin temperature. What this means is we would like you to get the temperature taken right away upon arrival to the park. Do not have your son/daughter running around in the sun prior to having their temperature checked. If your child registers a temperature of 100 degrees or more we will ask them to sit on the side for 10 minutes and than we will retake it. If your child registers at 100 degrees again they will be unable to participate that night. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
4. The player will wait outside the rink socially distance until the coaches to bring the group onto the rink.
5. Once on the rink players will take their own personal water bottles and place them on one of the two benches. Coaches will spread them out and tell them which one.
6. During games and practices coaches will stress the importance of socially distancing while they wait inline for drills and to socially distance during water breaks.
7. At the conclusion of games and practice, players will grab their water bottles and leave the bench area immediately where they will meet their parents. Players are encouraged to wait on the benches there with their coach if the parent has not arrived. The check-in volunteer/coach will be extremely busy between sessions checking people in and other volunteer/coach will be on the rink spraying down and sanitizing the bench and board area where the previous players participated so we can prepare for our next group. PLEASE BE PROMPT WHEN PICKING UP YOUR CHILD.
8. Loaner gear will not be provided without making prior arrangements.
We realize this is a lot of information to take in but we want to make the rink environment as safe as we can.
If you have registration questions please reach out to Nicole Briney at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a coach and are looking to assist please reach out to Greg at email@example.com. If you have questions on what division your child should play email Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the high school division or high school vs. 15U for your child email me at email@example.com.
THE TVIHA BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER OUR PROTOCOL SO THAT WE MAINTAIN AS SAFE A ENVIRONMENT AS POSSIBLE. WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU OUT AT THE RINK!
Tom Bilek, President
Thank you for your interest in Temecula Valley Inline Hockey. We invite you to connect with us through the following applications.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Temecula Valley Inline Hockey Association?
|Temecula Valley Inline Hockey Association|
30650 Rancho California Road D406-78
Temecula, CA 92592-3279